Sunday 20 July 2008

Feeling Meme-ish

Many moons ago, The Radical Radish tagged me for a meme. Having no idea what a meme was, I looked it up, then got busy doing things like moving country (again) so forgot all about it. But now that I'm back on the bog wagon I'll give this meme thing a go.

1. What were you doing ten years ago?
Um, let's see, that was 1998. I had just switched from engineering to arts but was still doing spectactularly badly. I ran into a friend of mine in the Godfrey Tanner Bar who had just walked down to the Registrar's Office and withdrawn from all of his subjects. I was astonished. Who did that sort of thing? Six months later, I was sitting in the same pub when suddenly I realised that I was wasting my time and I wanted to go see Europe. I walked down to the Registrar's Office, withdrew from all my subjects, went back to the pub and ran into a friend who was astonished to hear what I'd just done.

(I did go to Europe and, eventually, I did get my Bachelor of Arts)


2. What are five things on your to-do list today?
Get out of bed before 8am. Check.
Have cup of tea. Check.
Expunge yesterday's Thai from my bowels. Check.
Read various blogs. Check.
Pretend I don't have a hangover. Check. Sigh.


3. What snacks do you enjoy?
I snack on Nutella from the jar and Milo from the tin.


4. Things you would do if you were a billionaire.
Provide clean, efficient and eco-friendly sanitation to the world.
Travel into space.


5. Three of your bad habits.
Talking about inappropriate subjects in inappropriate places.
Procrastination.
Not answering my phone.


6. Five places you have lived.
Oooh, I can do better than five places; I can do five countries!
Australia (Sydney and Newcastle), UK (London and Cleethorpes), Croatia (Kamanje), China (Suzhou) and New Zealand (Wellington).


7. Five jobs that you’ve had?
Analyst, office manager, personal assistant, team assistant and project administrator (all five of which are pretty well the same thing).


8. How did you name your blog?
I thought that a blog about toilets would naturally be called Bog Log, but that name was taken. So The Bog Logger was born.

No comments: