Thursday 27 March 2008

Hundertwasser Toilets!

Last year The Bathroom Diaries Toilet of the Year went to the Hundertwasser toilets in Kawakawa, New Zealand. I found this out shortly after I moved to New Zealand, and I wondered if I would ever get the opportunity to see them.

Well, I did, and here they are.

Hundertwasser Toilets

The view from across the street. Yes, that's a tree coming out of the roof.

The vestibule

The 'lobby'. And the trunk of the tree.

Bottle privacy wall

Most of these bottles are Jim Beam.

Wall mosaic by the ladies toilet

I was only able to take photos of the ladies toilet.

The ladies toilet

From the front door.

Pretty tiles!

From the toilet seat.

Gate to the boys toilet

The gate to the boys toilet. Forbidden territory!

I've read other blog posts that say 'meh' to the Hundertwasser toilets. I say, screw them. I think they're fab. And the fact that tour buses stop so that you can hop out and take a photo of the toilets is just brilliant. You couldn't make that up.

No comments: